Sunday, February 14, 2010

Red, White, and Blue

The title is simply to acknowledge the fact that I am always obsessed with the Olympics, and this year is no different. I have seen pretty much every minute of the game that has been televised thus far. Unfortunately, that is going to have to stop since I'm in the dang Eastern Time Zone, and things wrap up at about midnight. Homie can't play that during the week. As y'all probably know, there are very few things that make me cry...however, medal ceremonies come dangerously close. Weird, I know. I immediately wanted to be best friends with Hannah Kearney after she dominated the moguls...she has yet to text me back.

My future best friend

Warning, I have a ton of pictures in this blog! And the first ones are rather gruesome. After snowing so much last weekend, it snowed again all day Tuesday. When Amanda got home she asked if I had seen what happened to the snowman. I went outside and saw this...

Much to our horror, dear Frosty had been decapitated. We don't know if it was from wind or the additional snow. We knew he wouldn't have wanted an autopsy, so one was not performed.


Mourning

Trying to make a hard situation fun (that's my roomie, Amanda!)

I shoveled all of this all by myself! I think I'd be uber-fit if I lived up north!

This Saturday morning a friend of mine since birth (literally) was in town from Michigan with her youth group. They were going to be at the Cincinnati Zoo, so I decided to join in! I told her she knows I love her since it was 11 degrees outside when I left my house. Here come the animals...
Feeding the seals

They literally had a march of the penguins where they walked by us and then played in the snow! So fun!

Rachel, this one's for you...taking you back to the Louisiana swampland.

The Meerkat (what Timon was in the Lion King) agreed to pose for me. Diva.

Weirdest looking animal of the day. Looks like a dinosaur to me, but it's called an Alligator Snapping Turtle (I think).

Lazy polar bear

Didn't mean to get a picture of his butt, however, his foot was so cute!!

My friend, Kim, who I went to church with since birth.

Ok, back to focusing my attention on they Olympics for a little longer until bed time! Miss y'all so much, but 1/3 down!! Can't wait for more updates, keep 'em coming, buddies!!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love the zoo, these photos are really great Laura! Good job! Sorru about your snowman :) There were several asian snowmen in Richardson and I got a pic for your appreciation :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.