The drive to Cincy was lengthy but fun. We got to stop in St. Louis and stay with my brother/sister-in-law/niece. While in the passenger seat, my mom always had at least 2 maps open on her lap, a Cincinnati guidebook (from which she read many random Cincy facts aloud), her crouchet project, and a Starbucks cup in her hand. I really appreciated her coming with me! The city of Cincinnati is a cool town thus far. It's got an older feel to it, but it still has a lot to offer (besides freezing temperatures).
Mom in all her glory
Mom and I were trying to find a place to eat lunch on Monday. Garmin looked up a restaurant that was only .8 miles from where we were (around the University of Cincinnati)...it was called Dunbar Cafe, so we thought it would be a cute, local place. Turns out .8 miles in the direction we went took us straight into the ghetto...and I mean GHET-TO. Dunbar Cafe had bars over the windows and looked like maybe the only thing sold in there was crack. We locked the doors and immediately asked Garmin to take us elsewhere!
My Welcome to Ohio sign from nature
The house is really neat. The neighborhood kind of reminds me of Lakewood area in Dallas b/c it's in Cincinnati but not downtown or anything...also has older houses that are really cute with a lot of character. The owner of the house (Dana) is really laid back and nice but is in and out of town with her job. The male "roommate" is a really outgoing and nice guy; however, you can put your raised eyebrows and hopes down...he has a girlfriend and sometimes spends the night at her place. Ergo, we'll just call it friends. Finally, the last roommate, Amanda, is another PT student and is from Minne-soh-ta. She has been very sweet and easy-going. It's weird living with all of these random people but nice to have others around!Lastly...my internship. Today was my first day and was just orientation, but the facility is incredible!! The outpatient area just moved into a new building about a month ago. They have every type of treatment room/gym that a PT or OT could want! Tomorrow I'll meet my CI and actually see what will be going down. But at least a neat start!
Gotta love happy pediatric signs!
And finally, I can't tell you the relief I felt when I found this store and walked in...weird what comforts me.
I love Target.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.