Saturday, January 30, 2010

Kieiwit District Meeting 2010


Well, another happening party has gone down for the Kieiwit gang. Never fails to impress, I was wishing ayll could've been there the whole time. This year, the spouses did some fun things that I missed: competition day with kiewit Nike dri-fit polos and kiewit sweat pants, free running shoe fitting and running shoes from New Balance (ugh, so bitter!), wine tasting at a cooking show, all kinds of door prizes and more. Then I missed the first nights festivities, 2 guys from Pete's dueling Pianos and a comedian from Last Comic Standing. The theme was Tailgate Bash, so you wore your favorite team's jersey. We did get to join in on Friday's fun with the live band, making flip books of us dancing crazy (I'll have to show it to yall), the famous kieiwit ice bar, tailgating food and candy, the "butt" drawing artists (we didn't get one), always many open bars, free kiewit jerseys, entertainers (this year it was 2 hyper cheerleaders), foosball tables. We had a great view from our room, there was a small lake, you could see downtown Dallas and Texas Stadium. I am sooo proud of Tim, so I've got to brag a little. He won the "Best Speaker Award" and I am not exaggerating when I tell you that 90% of the people that we talked to Firday night wither couldn't stop talking about how awesome his talk was or that they had hear d how great it was and they had really significant things to say about how it challenged and inspired them. Several people told him he needed to pursue speaking as his profession. So that was very encouraging for him to hear and I was just so proud of him. So, here are some of the pics (taken with Tim's iphone, can you believe I forgot my camera!?):

The room


Supper night 2: Filet Mignon, Steamed Asparagus and Grilled Bacon-wrapped Shrimp w/ Cream filled chocolate mousse with a gold flake on top and fresh fruit for dessert...not too shabby :)










Candy Centerpieces and surrounding candy tables, I ate ALOT of candy and it was sooo fun!!









The host, Jason Gumm and his getup and the cheerleaders. The guys playing foosball, our buddy Phil is the one on the far right- a very eligible bachelor...





Real tailgates were set up with stadium food: wings, brats, cheese fries, etc... Then the ice bar with the cool chutes.




Of course we had to sport our Saints gear...and here's a pic of one of the many other bars that all had flat screen TVs next to them replaying classic football clips.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.